Pages

Friday, August 18, 2017

Turkeys, Ducks and Hens, oh My!

Hi Friends! Hope you are all doing well. I've been struggling these last few weeks, feeling really blah, not much for enthusiasm lately. However, I got a house full of critters that even when I'm feeling down, always make me smile. They are all so ridiculous and silly!

As Heckle's eggs (chicken) never hatched, she returned to the flock, and I turned the nursery/medical room into a turkey room. The turkeys are much happier having more room and I'm much happier cause they are quieter! I think they'll just spend the winter inside and come spring we'll build them their own turkey house outside.


I got the ducks a kiddie pool. It's really more for winter when the ponds are frozen, but they are also enjoying it now. Over the weekend we are going to dig down a bit so the pool sit a bit underground (so it's easier for the ducks to get in and out of)


This photo is off Ethel (Saxony duck) and Jasmine (Black munchkin kitty)Jasmine has only been here about two months and she's already use to the featherbabies. She was laying in the sun enjoying the day when the ducks came over to eat grass. She never moved :)


Yacko and Wacko, my Indian Runners and Martha, one of my Saxony ducks. 




This one is Mork, my Tom Turkey. He's really feathering out!He's gonna be beautiful when full grown.


And this one is Mindy :)


And lastly, my two Rouen ducks, Molly and Polly. They are about 3 months old now and fitting in well with the flock. 


No comments:

Post a Comment