Pages

Monday, October 5, 2015

A Successful Day Freeranging

I am happy to report that the little hens had a successful day freeranging!

A couple of the big hens were pretty mean to them, but they eventually hooked up with Alice (shown in the pic below)and she helped take care of them

I was a little nervous about the cats (cause they are so much smaller than the older hens), but the cats completely ignored them



Cause I have been feeding them for the last four weeks they have gotten super friendly with me. I leaned down and they all came rushing over the see me. They also follow me around like baby ducks :)


The white one is the rooster. It's very important that he gets tamed so he doesn't get aggressive with people.


 The photo below is of Stella, she is a Welsummer. She is a beautiful bird and has perfect camouflage for this time of year.

The little hens went back to the coop by themselves at dusk and are not safely locked away for the night. I pray that when I let all the ladies out tomorrow everyone will be alive.



No comments:

Post a Comment