Pages

Friday, October 2, 2015

Starting to Get Chilly

Last night the temperature dropped to 3 degrees, with a wind chill that made it feel like -1. When we woke up at 8am it was friggin' cold in here! I had dances at 11am, so we decided that we  would start up the wood stove.

This is the woodstove. The heat comes out the top and from the front. 


The side of the stove opens up to put the wood in; it has two doors.


Wow, it works great! It took a bit to warm up the house, but once it did it kept the house toasty warm all day on very minimal wood.

Travis and I gathered another cord or so of wood today. I think that puts us at about 7-8 cords so far. We still need to add another 5-6 cords.

I think it's going to b a nice toasty warm winter this year, no more freezing like I did at my old place!

Hugs!








No comments:

Post a Comment