Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Bears and Fishers

Over the last week, we have seen a huge increase in the wildlife around here. It is pretty awesome! We've seen bears, deer and a fisher, and have heard both moose and elk.

The cats, Mo and Jo, chased off a fisher earlier in the week. They are ferret-like creatures that are downright nasty. They are a serious threat to the chickens and are known for killing cats. Mo and Jo are Bengal crosses and are brothers. They worked as a team and sent the predator packing.

The bears around here are getting bold. I'm told by the locals that there are a couple hundred bear in the area and that there is a bit of a bear problem here. Bears are awesome, but at a distance! It's about a 30-45 minute walk to get the mail; I have started taking Skully with me just to be extra safe (Skully is a Rottie/Shepherd). I'll take some pics of my mail walk tomorrow (I'm expecting a parcel, hopefully it will be there!)

When I go out for a walk in the woods, I always sing this :)


No comments:

Post a Comment