Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Chainsaw and an Axe

We got a chainsaw and a good ax this week. I paid $40 for the Chainsaw, it's a, Echo 14inch, so not big enough to cut the big tree trucks, but big enough to cut our firewood. I paid $20 for the axe, it's an Estwing.

I'm feeling pretty good about my purchases :)

Tomorrow we start cutting wood

I had been watching Kijiji and other classified sites for a cheap chainsaw and ax, but in the end did better simply asking the neighbors if they had an extra they wanted to sell. Much easier and cheaper.

We WILL have our winter wood done by the end of next week.

I'm super excited to be warm and toasty this winter!I love the woodstove :)

Once we get the winter wood done, we still have lots of other getting ready for winter chores to do, such as wrapping the well pipe that comes into the house, gathering wood for the outside woodstove for maple syrup making, putting plastic on many of the windows, etc.

Right now the days here are average around +15 and the nights around +8, so winter is still a few weeks away!

No comments:

Post a Comment