Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Summer Ends

Alas, all good things must come to an end; the end of summer draws near. The insect population has decreased by at least half. You can actually go for a walk without being bit!The temperatures are slowly dropping, the night is slowly growing, and death approaches. Mabon will be here soon and before we know it, it will be Samhain!

I'm excited for Autumn. I look forward to the changes in colour and the increase in wildlife. I am planning on getting some good photography done! I'm enjoying gathering wood and getting things prepared, though I do miss the joy of harvesting the garden. I look forward to doing it next year!

I look forward to winter too, though I am a little nervous about getting enough work to keep me from getting too bored. Right now, I'm getting work (dances) pretty good, but come winter, I'm not so sure. I could make enough to cover the bills with my online work, but it'd be tight. I guess we'll see come winter. I am looking forward to the beauty of winter, the solitude of winter, the books I'll get read and the art I'll get done! This year's November-November goals; Illustrate and help right, and publish FAERIE ABCS; Make a Faerie Colouring book; Write a book about raising chickens; illustrate/help write/publish a book of poem for children.

I am actually celebrating a bit tonight. Today, I finish writing the last of the dog breeds for my dog breeds book!

Last November, I took on 3 projects: to illustrate and publish my ABC Animals book (got the done); write my Memoirs of an Exotic Dancer and get it published (It's being edited at the moment): and write a book with all the different dog breed and get it published (I wrote the last dog breed today!.)

Have a good night! I'm off to research firewood to use in woodstoves (which wood is best etc) ... can you guess what tomorrow's blog post will be about? :)




No comments:

Post a Comment