Pages

Monday, August 24, 2015

Gathering Wood for Winter

My home has a wood stove. I'm really looking forward to not freezing this winter! I also have propane heat so if the wood stove doesn't quite cut it, I'm all good.

I'm told that I will need about 15 cords of wood to make it through the winter comfortably.

There is tons of cut down trees and dead fall in the forest in front of the house. Way more than 15 cords worth! My plan is to drag it all up to the house, and then cut and stack it all.

I made a path down to the area where all the cut trees are. It made it easier to drag it up


There are so many cut trees just waiting to be cleaned up!


My son Travis working hard bring deadfall and cut branches up to the house


                                                   Our pile of wood thus far

We also put a window in the chicken coop today, I would of loved a bigger window for it, but it was the best I could do for now. At least it's some light for them!

 
We also put what steel with had on the coop to make it harder for predators to chew through




No comments:

Post a Comment