Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Winter Wood

As I have mentioned on several earlier blog posts, I am in the process of gathering/cutting/stacking wood for the wood stove for the winter. Last night I did some research of what wood is best for a wood stove and found out:

Hard wood burns longer than soft wood and is way better to use. Unfortunately, I only have a bit of hard wood (Maple and Oak). I do have a fair amount of birch here: Google says that birch is pretty good to use. 

I also have a lot of pine here, but Google says it's bad so it's all being sent down to the Revel fire area. Google said that Pine has more sap than other woods which can increase how often you have to clean the stove/chimney. Addition, Pine is said to have more cancerous stuff (in its smoke) and as it burns very hot it tends to spark a lot. 

I think so far I've got about a month of wood cut and stacked, only about 4 more month's worth to go :) LOL!

Have a great night! Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment