Pages

Monday, August 10, 2015

Day17

It's been 17 days since I moved to Coe Hill. So far, so good. The land is of course gorgeous and I generally enjoy the outside work. In general, the weather has been fantastic

The hens seem to have adjusted  to their new home and I found quite the stash of eggs outside near the house. So far (knock wood), I haven't lost any of the hens. It's interesting that their behavior has changed slightly; they are quieter and stay in a flock more; they keep under the trees unless there are humans outside; their diet consists of about 75% meat; and the fight less among themselves. .

The cats' behavior has also changed slightly. Rollie the oldest, use to beat up Mo all the time. Not anymore. Now the three cats hang together and I haven't heard a cat fight once since we moved in.

The dogs' behavior is almost normal other than my Chihuahua. He's been extra noisy, high strung and moppy. He is a real mama's boy and very set in his ways, I think the change in routine and the fact that I'm out of the house so much is really upsetting him. All the dogs are suffering from farts, ill bellies and the runs. I had to change their dog food as I cannot readily get their normal brand here and I think the well water may be messing up their system.

The internet is working well here, and the solar/generator is working pretty good. I'm starting to stock pile wood for the woodstove for winter.

All in all, 17 days in, I'm doing good. Hugs!

Stephie, Ruth and Stella just "henning"around


The main road down to the fest/camping area

One of the camping area



No comments:

Post a Comment