Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Piles of Wood

The wood is starting to pile up! I think I've got about 3-4 cords of it stacked for winter now. I even learned how to use the chainsaw today and cut a fair amount of it myself :)

There are two wood stands inside the house, so the first two pics of of them. As you can see one is filled to the top, the other still has more room.




The next two pics are of behind the house. There is a covered area (and I'll be hanging a tarp from the one side to help keep everything dry). The wood is mostly birch, with a bit of oak and maple. All the pine I sent down to the revel fire.



I'm told I need 10-15 cords of wood, so tomorrow, we will start dragging more dead fall (there are piles of previously cut trees) up to the house so it can get cut and added to the pile. We still got a month to go (I figure if we have all our wood by the end of September, we'll be doing great)

I hope you all had a fantastic Thursday! Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment